What To Do After Your Arrest
Aggressive Charlotte Criminal Defense Attorney
If you’ve been arrested on suspected criminal activity, the next steps you take are critical to giving yourself the best chance at a positive outcome. At DeCurtins Law Office, our Charlotte criminal defense lawyers understand the uncertainty and anxiety following an arrest and want to ensure that you have the resources and information you need to take the right measures to protect your future. In the event that you are arrested, immediately contact DeCurtins Law Office at (704) 313-1131. The Charlotte office is also available after hours at (704) 508-9131.
After an arrest, it is important to remember the following tips:
- Request a lawyer immediately. It is your right to remain silent and talking to the police without an attorney may lead to unintentionally incriminating yourself which can be detrimental to your case.
- Be polite and cooperative. While you should not answer any questions pertaining to the case without representation, you should still be polite and cooperative during the booking process. Failure to cooperate can escalate your situation and may cast you in an unfavorable light in the courtroom.
- Immediately communicate with Mr. DeCurtins regarding the setting of bond or in order to prepare for a bond hearing.
- Attend all required hearings after posting bail. Failure to appear in court can not only negatively impact your case, but will likely also result in order for your arrest.
- Be open and honest with your attorney. The best way to build a successful defense is by telling your lawyer the complete truth and asking any questions you might have. By being completely forthright with our Charlotte criminal defense attorney, you enable him to more effectively represent your interest.
DeCurtins Law Office is ready to stand with you every step of the way. From the moment you bring your case to the firm, you will be working directly with our legal team who has the experience, the skills, and the passion that you need to face your charges. We will work diligently to defend your rights and fight for your freedom.
You Are Not Alone
Our firm has successfully defended many thousands of clients, so we know what it takes to secure a favorable outcome. With more than 30 years of experience and a focus on providing personalized legal strategies, you can feel confident knowing that you have an effective ally on your side. Contact our Charlotte criminal defense lawyer from DeCurtins Law Office immediately after an arrest. Our team responds quickly to your call for help, knowing that time is of the essence.
Start with a case evaluation today and get started with a solid defense.